Propellerads

HOW TO ... Make a USB 2.0 Port Recognise a USB 3.0 device


 

Now you probably wondering what the problem is and if you aren't then you don't need this How To guide. However, if you are here and you know exactly why I would write such a post because you too have encountered problems because your USB 2.0 port doesn't link to your USB 3.0 device.


Now let's throw the obvious aside, there are obvious differences between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 and most of it is speed related. We are in a transition phase between devices using the soon to be old 2.0 and instituting the new 3.0, so how do you link these up?

My story goes back at least 2 years when I decided to buy a 3TB external drive. Happy with my purchase I tried to hook the drive to my LCD television. Upon connection and at least a hundred frustrating tries, I realised that the TV was not picking up the external drive.



The external drive had a USB 3.0 cord and connection while my TV had the old USB 2.0 port. I studied the USB 3.0 port on the external drive looking for a solution until one day it dawned on me purely by chance.

ANSWER
The simple solution is to swop out the 3.0 cord and swapped it with a Blackberry phone USB 2.0 cord.

Amazingly the connection worked and my TV and external drive started working together. My TV recognised the external drive and I didn't feel like an idiot for buying something I thought I couldn't use. You can imagine how relieved I was and if you've been struggling then you soon will also be as relieved as I was!

HOW TO ... Make a USB 2.0 Port Recognise a USB 3.0 device HOW TO ... Make a USB 2.0 Port Recognise a USB 3.0 device Reviewed by Hashem Mohamed on 03:13 Rating: 5

No comments:

Propellerads
Powered by Blogger.